Motivation is a tricky thing. What gets one person fired up, may do nothing for someone else. We all have different “hot buttons”; things that get us excited to reach a goal. Even for the most mentally tough people, motivation may ebb and flow from one day to another. There are many factors that affect motivation – energy levels, hectic schedules, stress, boredom, lack of sleep, the list is endless. If I’ve learned anything in life it’s that you can always expect the unexpected and life will always going to be busy. Below are the 7 tips that help me get and stay motivated and keep me focused on reaching my goals (especially when I don't feel like it)!
2. Tell people about your goal, especially those closest to you. Sharing your goal with others increases your accountability and decreases your chances of giving up.
3. Join an accountability group full of people who will encourage you, support and push you to be your best. Even better, choose a group that offers frequent challenges and prizes for incentive to keep grinding.
4. Join a Group Fitness Boot Camp. Again, accountability can make all of the difference between staying motivated and giving up. Working out next to others in a fun, high energy and fast paced environment will push you to work harder and keep you motivated.
5. Don’t skip a Monday - or two days in a row. Keep it moving forward toward your goal.
6. Hang a pair of jeans or a favorite outfit in a size or two small where you can see them every day. Try them on once a week. Or, similarly, find
a picture of what you want to achieve or create a vision board. Hang it in a place you frequently look as a reminder of what you’re working toward.
7. Read a devotional or inspirational book when you wake up each morning. This helps get you in a positive mind frame and pumped up to tackle your day. Look forward to training. If you have to, fake it until you believe it. If you keep this up, you’ll believe it in no time and it will become your routine – your LIFESTYLE.
Again, we all struggle with motivation from time to time. These 7 tips always help me get motivated and stay motivated. I know they will help you too. If you have questions about how to apply any of these tips to your life, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I want to help!